Marc Stumpel is a new media researcher, blogger and producer.
He holds a MA degree in New Media and Culture from the University of Amsterdam (2009-2010).
His main research interest is the antagonism within the political and economic dimensions of digital culture, especially in relation to social media.
Being a privacy/user-control advocate, he is concerned with the development of alternative social networking spaces and techniques. He is involved in the FB Resistance project and has written his master’s dissertation the Politics of Social Media, focussing on control and resistance in relation to Facebook.
He also holds the degree: Bachelor of Communication & Multimedia Design, Business & Organization Interactive Media at the Hogeschool van Amsterdam, specialization project management (2005-2009).
Marc is also a musician and producer under the alias of Zuurstof.
- RT @EFF: EFF joins a new global coalition of organizations demanding a fair deal in #TPP negotiations: eff.org/r.b7RJ 11 hours ago
- RT @PetterBB: Millions of Facebook's users are actually pets on-msn.com/16rl0FJ 22 hours ago
- RT @Anne_Roth: Nice that the pro-privacy game Data Dealer is a nominee at the NYC-based Games for Change Awards 2013 gamesforchange.org/festival2013/g… 1 day ago
- RT @The_Intermezzo: I want to teach a class on social media using the Unlike Us Reader. someone let me do these things. 1 day ago
- RT @ImpaktFestival: Turn your social media against itself! TWEAK your social media account, JOIN our upcoming workshop by @fbresistance wit… 1 day ago